Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoseQueen
Channel Surfer

Volume starts to go up all the way with just one click of voice remote pro

Don't know why this suddenly started happening but whenever I click volume up on voice remote pro the volume starts to go all the way up without stopping.  Roku has sent me a new remote but I'm still having the same issue even with the brand new remote.  When I use my LG tv remote the volume works just fine and there is no issue there so it doesn't seem like my tv is the problem.  I have tried all the troubleshooting options but none have worked so far.  Could my roku express possibly be faulty?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Volume starts to go up all the way with just one click of voice remote pro

Hi @RoseQueen

Thanks for the post.

Does the same issue also occur whenever you try to lower down the volume of your Roku device? Also, when did you start experiencing this issue? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RoseQueen
Channel Surfer

Yes but not every time

0 Kudos
RoseQueen
Channel Surfer

It started about 2 weeks ago

0 Kudos
Rhino49er

I have the same problem with my roku remote.   Changed the batteries first thing, these remotes go through them like candy on Halloween night.  Did the updates, no improvement.  I’m sick of it.  Always gently used with great care.  This is Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
pj9902
Channel Surfer

This started happening on both of my Streaming Stick+ on Oct. 28, 2022, first thing in the morning. Keeps going up and down, must press volume button multiple times to get it stopped. Also, mute keeps going on/off when mute is pressed--frequently but not every time. My regular tv remotes are fine.

Have tried so many things to fix this, including buying a new remote (it did the same thing). Now Roku says they will replace the Roku units, but I have to mail the bad ones back at my expense before they will send new units... and be without streaming access...during election week!!!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@pj9902 This may be a shot in the dark but if the TV is an LG use the TV remote and make sure that simplink is turned on.  The other thing I would try is go into settings on the Roku devices and do a system update.  Neither of these may solve the problem but are easy to try.

Jc90

I started having the same problem with my remote about 5 days ago. I have a Samsung TV. I do not have a sound bar. The Roku is plugged directly into the tv. All my software updates are up to date. I’ve gone to remote setting multiple times and re-set up my remote for tv control. I’ve rebooted the Roku stick and the remote. Nothing works and I cannot even get a response when emailing the Roku customer advocacy. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  4. TV brand & model

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RoseQueen
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D 

Device model: 3930RW-Roku Express

Serial number:  X00400R80RT6

Device ID: S00929980RT6

OS version: 11.5.0 build 4235-AE

Tracker ID: T6-445-926

Steps to reproduce the issue are simply using the volume up button on side of roku voice remote pro.  This issue maybe happens 3 out of 10 times trying to raise volume of TV

TV brand and model:  LG 43UH6100-UH

0 Kudos