Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djimusic

Re: 65" TCL and CEC issues with Denon receiver

Running into this same issue, years later. Out of the blue it just stopped responding and CEC shows No devices found. Video works as expected, but audio and CEC fail. Any updates?

Roku Version 11.5.x

Denon AVR-S540BT

0 Kudos
sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

Re: 65" TCL and CEC issues with Denon receiver

@Djimusic 

This is all thanks to @sm64 

I had to get into the secret menu fist then follow the steps below for fix. You will have to look up the button sequence. 

I went to rf menu then ir transmit menu. Enabled quering AVRS instead of tvs, I then went universal cec menu use cec instead of ir and you can then test it in that menu.

There was just another update in the past couple days that may have fixed this not sure though. You may want to try that first.

0 Kudos
Monkeydust
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

That is not true. Until the recent update I was able to control the volume and mute option on my denon a/v receiver. Now it doesn't work and they even have the nerve to put a note in saying that it no longer controls AV receivers.  I don't have a television; I have a projector system. It worked perfectly until some nitwit at Roku decided to eliminate that feature. Not happy. And of course there is no way to contact them. Unreachable. Very bad customer service. 

0 Kudos
claripiper
Reel Rookie

Re: 11.5 4216 cec issues. Lost volume control to my Denon receiver

@Tivoburkee My TV doesn't have an interface to scan for CEC devices.  It's an old Panasonic plasma.  They called it "VIERA Link" but the capability is limited.  It shouldn't matter; my Roku remote still controls my receiver's volume even if the TV is turned off.  (Thanks to all of you who suggested the IR remote secret menu!)

0 Kudos
BlueSmoke

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

The setting in the secret menu fixed the issue for my denon 4700h.  I had never gone to this secret menu before and it worked prior to the update without issue.

Roku + denon working > manual check for update > apply 11.5 = no cec audio working with denon.  

Definitely caused by update... 

0 Kudos
Kristjanh
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] CEC issues with with remote remote after last update

I have the same issue with ARC. Cant use the roku remote for volume after last update.

0 Kudos

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

Hi.  I am experiencing a similar issue: My Denon receiver/projector setup stopped receiving volume control from the Roku remote yesterday after years of zero issues.  I would greatly appreciate the help.

thanks ahead of time

0 Kudos
Doodlejack
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Volume/Power Issues w/ ARC

Ok, I've seen a couple of posts on this but have yet to find a clear solution that works so here goes....

I have an LG TV (OLED65B8PUA) and Denon Receiver (AVR-S540BT) and recently upgraded from a Roku Streaming Stick+ to the Roku Ultra.  I previously used the Roku remote to control everything (power on all devices, volume, etc.). 

When I first setup the new Ultra, everything worked fine just like before.  The first time I turned it off and back on again, suddenly the volume didn't work and the receiver no longer powers on with the TV.  It did run an update which I've heard may be the issue so I tried a factory reset of the Roku.  When I do this, the remote seems to work again at first but then stops working after I turn it off.  I can't tell if it's the update or what.

I've tried a few of the "secret menu" suggestions but haven't gotten to work.  If that is really the answer, can someone spell out exactly what I should be selecting?  I know how to get to the menu so no need to get in trouble by posting that.

Really hoping someone can help!

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Doodlejack
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Volume/Power Issues w/ ARC

I tried unplugging everything and resetting the tv (holding power button 15 seconds while unplugged) then hooking up only receiver and tv.  Receiver volume control through the tv works fine.  Then I plug the Roku into the HDMI in on receiver and the Roku remote is able to control the volume perfectly BUT when I power everything down and turn it back on, volume control stops working again. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
ramosc40
Reel Rookie

Great advice friend!!! This fixed the issue!!!! Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos