Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device connection

@Jsardo 

GET A REMOTE!!!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jsardo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @renojim mentioned, you will need a remote to set up your device again and connect to your wireless network. What Roku model device do you have? With that information, we can provide you with appropriate replacement remote for your device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsardo
Reel Rookie

The Express 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

With express, the Simple Roku remote would  do, fourth remote down on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jdaddy1189

Help please

I have lost my Roku remote and have moved now my Roku app will not connect to my Roku and I can’t control it to set up a internet connection I have the serial number but can’t get to the information to find my Roku IP address can someone please help me I have 4 daughters in need of this to work during this time please

0 Kudos
Jsardo
Reel Rookie

Thank you

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Help please

@Jdaddy1189 

The Roku app on a phone or tablet can only connect to a Roku that is already set up and connected to the same network the phone or tablet is on.   That means it can't be used to connect and do anything with a Roku not yet set up on your current network.

Meanwhile, your Roku is still trying to connect to your former network name (SSID) with your former network's password.  If you can configure your network router to use the same SSID and password as you had before, your Roku should connect to it.  Connect your phone or tablet to that same network and you should be able to control your Roku with the Roku app again.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Libbbbbyy

Connecting remote on the app to my Roku express without the actual remote

I just moved and do not have my remote to the roku but I have my app and it’s not connected to my roku. And it won’t connect because the device isn’t connected to WiFi yet. How do I do this without having the actual remote?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Connecting remote on the app to my Roku express without the actual remote

@Libbbbbyy 

The Roku app on a phone or tablet can only connect to a Roku that is set up and connected to the same network the phone or tablet is on. That means it can't be used to connect and do anything with a Roku not already set up on your current network.

Meanwhile, your Roku is still trying to connect to your former network name (SSID) with your former network's password. If you can configure your network router to use the same SSID and password as you had before, your Roku should connect to it. Connect your phone or tablet to that same network and you should be able to control your Roku with the Roku app again.

Otherwise, to reset your Roku to a network with a different SSID and/or password, you will need a replacement remote that works with that Roku unit.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Re: Connecting remote on the app to my Roku express without the actual remote

@makaiguy 

I too have this exact problem and I’ve been trying to find an answer for an hour now lol. Thank you so much 🙏🏼

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.