Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdupree50

New Roku remote won’t control Polk Audio

I have a tcl Roku tv and a Polk Audio sound system my old remote that came with the tv would control it all. I bout a new remote with voice control and paired it to my tv everything works, it will control the volume on the tv but not the sound bar. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku remote won’t control Polk Audio

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Cdupree50.

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concern regarding the remote issues you have been having with your Polk Audio soundbar.

May we first know what is your current OS version? You can check it under Settings > System > About. In addition, can you still use your old remote to control your sound system? It may be possible that your new remote isn't compatible with your sound system because please be aware that the remote that comes with your TCL Roku TV is built differently than what you can buy on our website and at the local store near you. 

In the meantime, you can use the remote that comes with your sound system to control it and use the new Roku remote you just bought to control your TCL Roku TV. 

Let us know what you find out. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gennaro2

Re: New Roku remote won’t control Polk Audio

Hello,

I saw your response regarding the Polk soundbar but am not clear on how to proceed.

I have a Samsung SmartTV that worked fine with the soundbar. But with the Roku 4K streaming stick, the remote doesn't work the Polk device. I have turn turn this off and hear only the TV audio. The soundbar is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. There is an optical connection available.

Any thoughts?

Jim

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.