Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaybombs19
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) mic button not working

Hello, 

I am now attempting to use the second voice remote pro 2 (first returned because the voice function didn't work) and now this one also doesn't work.  I've tried the steps above multiple times.  It's clear that Roku has a software or hardware problem that needs to be addressed immediately instead of putting customers through actions that do nothing.  Based on the number of people having this problem, it's clearly on Roku.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) mic button not working

Hello! @Jaybombs19,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Roku Voice Remote. We're here to help.

• Is your Roku device up to date?
  • Does the remote pair to another Roku device?
  • Is it all or just the mic buttons that don’t work?
  • Did the mic buttons work before?
We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

In the meantime, you can use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device while you are troubleshooting your voice remote.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaybombs19
Reel Rookie

Hello,

This is a brand new remote that I just set up.  I purchased one from Amazon, the voice function didn't work, so I returned it and the replacement doesn't work.  I get the "Something went wrong. Try again." Message no matter where I try to use it, home page, while watching a show, etc.

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial #X010007NK3K1

Device ID S02A20ANK3K1

Software/OS 13.1.4 build 1505-C2

Tracker ID K1-260-211

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jaybombs19,

Thanks for the information,

We have passed your information on to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mss95120

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) Microphone on remote not working any more

New Roku Voice Remote Pro does not recognize voice commands using voice button or hands free mode.  Have charged remote 100%, gone through pairing sequence again, no luck.  Have verified the TCL Roku TV OS version (13.0.0) is higher than the required 9.x version.

Every so often, while the remote is "listening" to the TV, I see a "Remote Control" message in the upper right corner of the TV.  Speaking into the remote doesn't do anything.

Just received this remote via Amazon yesterday, can't get the voice commands to work.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Mike

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) Microphone on remote not working any more

Welcome to the Roku Community, @mss95120!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to help you find the best resolution to utilize the voice command on your new Roku Voie Remote Pro.

Firstly, please confirm whether this is the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). It has a Rocket Ship button for quick launch and a backlit button feature. You may refer to the photo below to help you identify:

If so, kindly provide us with the serial number of your TCL Roku TV to which this remote is currently paired so we can include your device in the process of investigation. 

In the meantime, we can try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and utilize the voice command feature to see if this will make any difference. 

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.