Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Need advice on which roku remote is best to buy right now

I am looking to replace/upgrade my roku streaming stick that I currently have. But have had issues and wanted to see if anyone has one they would recommend as a good purchase. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Need advice on which roku remote is best to buy right now

Your title says which remote, but your text suggests you are thinking of replacing the entire Roku.  So, I started to point out that you can’t use IR remotes with the stick, but then maybe you are replacing the stick itself?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

I am looking to buy a new roku remote in its entirety.  Currently have the roku steaming stick 4K but has only lasted 6 months and now have multiple problems with it. Looking to see what other roku uses find the best and problem free roku device as of to date postime 9/24/23. Thank yo 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Even though you said the remote again, I think you mean you want to replace the Roku (which will come with a remote.)  I see you’ve posted often about the remote jumping over multiple channels.  That seems to me to be a bug that appeared recently.  I saw it once after using a channel I don’t normally use (Pluto in my case) and I rebooted and haven’t seen the problem since.  (But I haven’t gone back into Pluto either.)

Anyway, other than that glitch, my Roku Express 4K+ (3941) has had no issues.  I believe it comes with the same remote that you have now, which may be good or bad from your point of view.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.