Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dylanjones10
Reel Rookie

My voice remote is not hearing my voice "hey Roku"

Jump to solution

TV keeps saying "sorry unable to receive audio from your remote if this continues try pairing your remote again." I've had the Roku Voice Remote Pro for a few months with no issues. Recently, the remote has ceased to respond to voice commands "Hey Roku" (not using the microphone button). I have tried pairing the remote several times. I tried pairing an older remote and then back to the newer one. I have restored the TV to factory settings. All with no success. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My voice remote is not hearing my voice "hey Roku"

Jump to solution

Hi @dylanjones10,

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than delighted to assist you regarding your concern about your Roku voice remote pro being unable to respond to voice commands.

You've mentioned that you tried to un-pair and pair your remote, please also make sure to also perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll and select Settings > System > Power > System restart. In addition, make sure to restart your router as well.

Furthermore, you can check our Support article to help you fix your remote.

If the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dylanjones10,

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than delighted to assist you regarding your concern about your Roku voice remote pro being unable to respond to voice commands.

You've mentioned that you tried to un-pair and pair your remote, please also make sure to also perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll and select Settings > System > Power > System restart. In addition, make sure to restart your router as well.

Furthermore, you can check our Support article to help you fix your remote.

If the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dylanjones10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Thanks for the email response. I have performed a system restart as you indicated and it is still not responding to voice commands. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.