Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brimca
Reel Rookie

My voice remote is non-responsive

Jump to solution

I have changed the batteries. I have unplugged. Reset.  Went through all the steps and the remote is not responding.  No lights. It is completely dead.  The problem is, I cannot sync a replacement remote.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My voice remote is non-responsive

Jump to solution

Hi @brimca thanks for the reply!

We appreciate you for providing the important information we requested. Please consider the following steps to address the issue. We recommend pairing the remote with your Roku device to evaluate its status.

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku remote feature to see if this makes any difference.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @brimca, thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this Roku voice remote and we would like to know more about this issue. 

Before we proceed we would like to know the following to assist you better:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku device or was this purchased separately?
  • Were you able to pair this remote the first time you activated this device?
  • When did it start having problems pairing?
  • What Roku device is paired with this remote?

We'll be waiting for your reply and assisting you further with this issue. 

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@brimca Instructions to sync new remote if you can not get yours to work.

If you do not have a second Roku remote that already works with your streaming device, you can restart your streaming device to put it in pairing mode. When your streaming device is powered on, it will automatically enter pairing mode and look for remotes.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord
0 Kudos
brimca
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The device was unplugged and I was not able to connect it to the new remote since I can't get into the settings.  The remote is completely dead.

0 Kudos
brimca
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Is this the remote that came with your Roku device or was this purchased separately?  The remote that stopped working came with the device.  
  • Were you able to pair this remote the first time you activated this device? Yes, I was using the remote for the past few years. 
  • When did it start having problems pairing? Last week.  It was working and as I was clicking through menu, it stopped working completely. 
  • What Roku device is paired with this remote? It is paired with the one in my living room. (Not sure what you are looking for here....)
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @brimca thanks for the reply!

We appreciate you for providing the important information we requested. Please consider the following steps to address the issue. We recommend pairing the remote with your Roku device to evaluate its status.

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku remote feature to see if this makes any difference.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.