Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlleno
Streaming Star

My ultra remote stopped controlling my 5 year old Samsung tv

Thank you for your assistance.   FYI I am on 12.5.0 build 4178 last checked 12/5/23 at 12:05pm. last updated 11/2/23 at 4:46pm

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing this information to us, @dlleno!

Could you please provide what kind of Roku remote you are using right now? (Simple remote, Voice remote, Voice remote pro)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlleno
Streaming Star

Yes of course.   This is a roku ultra model 4660x with a new "voice remote pro"  remote hardware device provided by support 

0 Kudos
dlleno
Streaming Star

If there is some sort of communication with the remote device that requires a new roku ultra unit/console,  I'm fine with that as 5 years is s long time in this product sector.  I do have three roku ultras and two streaming sticks!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is this true no support for tvs older than 4 years ?

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @dlleno!

Does the issue persist on one Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlleno
Streaming Star

That's an interesting question!   I haven't tried either of my other two 4660s on this TV if that's what you mean.   The issue as I best understand it is limited to the TV.  Although your question prompts what might be a very interesting vector to this.  I recall that my harmony remote still works.  Cec is enabled on the TV and of course the harmony depends on network control as well.  But when I attempt cec control with the roku that fails as well.   Hmm

• I appreciate your thoughtful approach here it's just the guidance I need to dig into this 
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the quick response, @dlleno!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlleno
Streaming Star

Thank you John this is very helpful.   PM shortly 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.