Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My simple remote only works from 12 inches away!

My remote worked fine for a while. Now all of a sudden I have to be 12 inches away. There's nothing blocking and I have a simple remote. I've stood from every position in the room, changed batteries, reset the roku, etc. This seems to be a recurring issue with a lot of people in the forum. My question is, can you send me a new, better remote that won't break for absolutely no reason? It's really not fair that roku says if we try all troubleshooting and still doesn't work, go buy a new one!  Please respond asap! Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My simple remote only works from 12 inches away!

Hi, @Lynnbaran43

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Rest assured that we would be more than glad to assist. We've sent you a private message regarding this. To check for private messages, kindly check your inbox at the top right corner between your Roku Community profile and the bell icon since we've reached you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.