Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad23

My roku remote wont work after i fatory reset

Hi there I factory reseted my roku tv rca and I try yousing my remote it's stuck on the language and only button is the power button nothing else works

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Brad23

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair lights still blink

S/N - a2209472430000641 tv 

5959a-r1043 remote

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My roku remote wont work after i fatory reset

Hi @Brad23,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Remote. We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any remote issues.

Just to verify, does the remote originally come with your Roku TV, or purchased separately?

As a first step, we recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair lights still blink

Hi @Brad23,

Thanks for following up.

We would like to ask if you attempted to try running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running. How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try to perform the power cycle by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in. Then please remove the batteries from the remote. Plug it all back in and place the batteries in the remote once you see the Roku letters bouncing if that resolves the issue.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

i am having the same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @duramaxqueen

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Could you walk us through the issue you are facing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SEREJake

I'm having the same issue!  Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
SEREJake

The solution is to use a remote without a "voice" option. The cheaper remote beams IR directly to the tv sensor where the one with voice connects to the Wi-Fi in your house.  With the factory reset you aren't connected to the Wi-Fi so your remote no longer works.

0 Kudos

I know it’s been a while, but I’m posting an answer in case someone else has the issue. 

On a voice remote without a pairing button, press and hold BOTH the Home and the back button for 5 seconds. The light will blink and it should get recognized pretty quickly. I did that and it paired right away. Everything worked after that. 

0 Kudos