Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candyman1

My remotes drain batteries so fast

I have 3 remotes all drain the batteries. 
X01700HJEPDF

X01700M26W7V

X01700K1G23p

I am doing this for my 88 year old mom. Please help?!

thank you 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My remotes drain batteries so fast

Hi @Candyman1,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to help. Could you tell us when you observed this behavior occur? Also, when you say draining the battery fast, there's a lot of factors affecting this. It could be the use of voice commands and any feature like private listening if you're using a Roku voice remote pro.

Please let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rugina

Re: My remotes drain batteries so fast

Once I received a voice remote (RC833) as a replacement for older version remote and bought an upgraded Roku stick w/ the same remote, both remotes seems to drain batteries within weeks of replacing batteries.  Sometimes I can take the batteries out and put them back in to get an extra 5 to 10% increase on battery level, but,  eventually,  I have  replace them.  Also, I’ve noticed that the “dead” batteries I can no longer use in the my voice remotes, still work fine in other electronics.  Therefore, based on the many years of complaints in this community and the repeated canned responses from Roku support regarding this very issue,  I’ve concluded that Roku is aware of these issues and does not have any immediate remedy for them (including a justifiable refunds).   

I really like the Roku streaming service, but I’m disappointed in their ability to resolve or remedy this COSTLY issue. So in good faith, I can no longer recommend this product or purchase it as a gift unless the older version remote can return as a usable option.