Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ET0413

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

The remote for my new Roku Express 4K + wouldn’t pair. I remembered a trick for programming garage door openers and it worked.

I had two remotes from two different Roku Express 4k + devices and neither turned on the Roku or the tv. The green pairing light under the battery cover on one lit up but the other didn’t. I pointed them toward each other about two inches apart and held both pairing buttons at the same time. At first the green light on both remotes flashed slowly, then quickly, then stopped. Suddenly both remotes could turn the tv off and on.

But the volume control and mute button on neither remote functioned. So I pressed home on the first remote, arrowed down to ‘settings’ on the tv screen, then arrowed over to ‘remote and devices.' Next I  arrowed over to ‘remotes’ and finally to ‘set up remote for tv control.’  After I followed the steps on the screen, that remote was fully functional. But, I discovered that only one remote connected to the Roku Express 4k+ can control the volume and mute buttons.

0 Kudos
nefron99

I'm having the same issue, and the store will not refund. Roku 4k+ will not pair.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @nefron99

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? If you haven't yet, we suggest starting with the suggestions posted in this support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RFKelly

Purchased as a backup for my other Roku. Had to “upgrade” two which were obsolete. Tried to pair this unit and green light doesn’t turn on Batteries are fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @RFKelly,

Thanks for reaching out here in Community. 

I'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing to assist you best. For clarification, the new remote won't pair with your Roku device. Is that correct? Have you tried following the steps on this support page to see if it helps? 

Please keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos