Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamamimi3
Binge Watcher

Re: My power button and volume control isn't working

Jump to solution

Thank you SO much for this information! I'll definitely try this! I'll post an update, if it works. 

0 Kudos
Bamamimi3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the recommendation, but it's still not working. I'm starting to believe it's the remote. Thanks everyone for reaching out.

0 Kudos
mbogo375
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It could be.  How do thoe who are having this problem get a replacement remote?

0 Kudos
Bamamimi3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mbogo375, good question, especially when you can't talk to customer service. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bamamimi3 @mbogo375

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue, perhaps @Tivoburkee can provider some insight as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbogo375
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've gone through all the suggestions provided.

I'm willing to try a new remote if I can get one (I am having no success engaging the chat on Roku's site., otherwise I am returning the Ultra for a refund.

Bamamimi3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why, but out of the blue it's working again!!!! Yay!! I accidentally discovered it. One night I picked it up, and accidentally hit the mute button.....I tried the volume, and it worked perfectly! Thanks everyone for you suggestions and support. 

0 Kudos
Sandman333
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That sounds like the exact same problem I and many others are experiencing, with various TV brands.  The one common denominator- Roku junk remotes.  Clearly they are having serious quality control issues, either in hardware or software or both.

0 Kudos
DANBE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done this several times and still no luck. Fun fact, itworks just fine with my Samsung and Dynex tv but does not work on my LG and Toshiba tv.  Looking like the brand of tv makes a differance.  If REOKU can't fix this soon I am going to toss all 4 units in the trash and buy some Fire sticks or something else that does work. It has been screwed up for about 2 months now.

0 Kudos
Tvbrain

Jump to solution

Thanks for that input. The remote is very inferior to other remotes. However, it didn't cost that much compared to other media devices. I guess one has to accept it as: You get what you pay for! The issue that really torques me off is I can't buy a replacement  controller for the Roku Streaming Stick +. . 

0 Kudos