Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim4735
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku TV remote drains battery fast

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well. However,  I only have it on one TV, and it isn't the one I watch most frequently. Therefore I don't believe these solutions would apply in my case. 

0 Kudos

Remote battery drain is a known hardware issue!

Jump to solution

Let’s file a class action.    Someone reply as to how we can share our contact info to each other to begin process. 

Camm1010

Jump to solution

I have 4 Roku remotes and 2 have the exact same battery draining issue that is well known. Batteries last about a week regardless of use. How can this been corrected? @RokuEuniceL Roku support - Please contact me. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Jrmtactical
Reel Rookie

Why is my Roku voice remote draining batteries so quickly?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 4K device and the voice remote that came with it is draining NEW AA batteries COMPLETELY about every 30 days.  When using it it sometimes continues to perform the last function you pushed the button for even though the button has been released.

I believe there is some sort of a short in it and that it is constantly “on”/transmitting even though the Roku device itself is off.  
Is there any route that I can go with Roku for a replacement or am I just stuck with buying another remote?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users, 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We understand your concern. Roku remotes are built to last, but a few factors can drain the remote's battery more quickly. One factor is a congested Wi-Fi network around the device, which can cause the remote to constantly reconnect and use more battery. Another factor is the frequent use of short-form content, where a lot of button presses are made in a short period of time.

In the meantime, you may want to consider trying a different brand of battery. We also highly suggest installing the Roku mobile app, a free application for iOS and Android devices that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. Not only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.