Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

I just joined this conversation.  My mother's TV is having the same issue. 

Constant scrolling at main menu, and also every option off that menu that has more than one option. 

Model G204x

Serial x019000fnnh4 (s08c636fnnh4)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-CH

GC version 11.23.24

Timestamp 2024-04-22T19:24:33z

ID H4-162-444 to report the current issue

I already restarted the system through the menu and when the did not work, unplugged the TV for a few minutes and plugged back in. Remote batteries have been changed and I checked for a system update (all up to date)

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Willowind73!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried. 

In this case, we will coordinate with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate your Hisense Roku TV and find you the best resolution possible.

In the meantime, let's try to reset your remote and pair it again to see if this will make any difference. Press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset. After doing so, pair it again. You may also use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with your TV and has a private listening feature.

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let you know. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gkoji

I'm not able to navigate at all so I'm not able to get to settings to do a system restart ... It just keeps scrolling. 

I changed batteries, unplugged several times including All devices (cable) and it still keeps scrolling when I put in the batteries back in the TCL Roku TV remote. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Gkoji, take the batteries out of the remote and leave them out.  Then unplug the power to the TV for a few seconds and plug it back in.  Once the TV restarts, does it start scrolling?  If not, put the batteries back in the remote.  Does it start scrolling?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lindalou6042
Channel Surfer

I have tried all these things.  They sometimes work for a few hours or even days, then it goes right back to scrolling and fast forwarding.  Sometimes the remote will not even turn the TV off. I have to unplug it.

0 Kudos
lindalou6042
Channel Surfer

It also does it with YouTube. 

0 Kudos
lindalou6042
Channel Surfer

I used my phone as the remote and it worked great for a couple of weeks, then started the same thing again.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you contacting us here in the Roku Community, @lindalou6042!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'd be happy to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku remote at your convenience. 

Before proceeding, I would like to gather further details about this so I can better assess your concern and provide an accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly let me know the following:

• Serial number of the Roku device this remote is connected to:
  • Was this the remote with this Roku device, or was this purchased separately?
  • Specific troubleshooting steps you've done so far:

In the meantime, have you tried to reset this remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds? After doing so, pair it again to see if the issue persists. I also suggest rebooting your Roku device under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.

Your response is highly anticipated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lindalou6042
Channel Surfer

Restart works for a few minutes or a few days at the most. Looks like we are going tv shopping and it won't be another roku...

0 Kudos
lindalou6042
Channel Surfer

People have been complaining for over a year. Is there no help??

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.