Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

@jerry_man @Alpha924

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mabelhriv

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jerry_man
Reel Rookie

Sure @RokuDanny-R 

Here it is

X00400D5DV6X

It has been powered off since the day I posted here.

Today I powered it up to get the serial and seems to be working fine.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hello,

My Roku just started experiencing the same scrolling issue. I have tried changing the batteries on the remote, reset the system numerous times and checked for stuck keys. It almost has a mind of its own. Once I can get it to stop scrolling, it opens channels by itself and starts shows, only to continue to click in the background. Please advise what I can do next to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Mirathomas84 

If you are using one of the Roku Voice Remotes with your Roku device, try restarting both your Router and your Roku device.  This should cause a new wifi connection between your device, your router, and the remote.

Sometimes leaving the remote disconnected (batteries out) for awhile will also help.  You can use the official mobile Roku Remote app available in the Apple/Play stores to control your device in the meantime.

Otherwise, if the remote doesn't start to work normally again, I think the normal resolution is to replace the remote. (short of disassembling the remote and looking for physical culprit).

I don't think I have seen yet a definite cause of this issue - network or physical or combination. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Yduenez

I just started to have the same issue with my roku as well. What did you all do to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Yduenez

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked to make sure if any of the directional buttons are stuck or lodged? If you remove the batteries from the remote, does the issue persist?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osufbf

Just encountered this issue a few weeks ago, happening sporadically. Some nights it would freak out, some nights it wouldn't. For my situation, though, the problem would be solved by simply taking the batteries out of the remote. Funny enough, when you hit the power button on the Roku remote (or in this case, the Home button because we had an older model w/o an actual power button) that would turn on our Vizio TV and go straight to the HDMI port where the stick was plugged in. Now my wife thinks our condo is haunted because the TV rando turned on the other day w/o her touching either the Roku or TV remotes. And I can use the app, instead. But I'm old and used to using remotes, not phones and apps for controlling devices, so I rarely ever went that route. However, the issue seemed solved when I turned on the TV last night and the input where the stick is plugged in said "device couldn't be found". I unplugged the little cord from the back of the stick, waited a minute, plugged back in AND.... nothing. Unplugged the cord from the socket itself, waited a min, plugged back in AND.... nothing. Pulled the stick out of the port in the TV, waited a min, plugged back in ANNNND.... well, you get the point. Safe to say that if anyone encounters this issue from here on out, it very well could be your stick telling you it's about to bite the dust. BUT I'll admit that we had the stick for 5 years and just now encountered this issue so I'd say for $30, we got our money's worth.

0 Kudos

I keep have an issue. My roku device keeps scrolling on its own and shutting my TV off. It's going crazy. It's been doing it for a couple weeks. I have tried restarting,  it, unplugging the roku, taking batteries out of the remote,  everything.  HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
LRiber

Help!  My remote keeps scrolling on it's own.  I've tried everything at least twice.

0 Kudos