Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone use for volley TV.....jeopardy, wheel of fortune, etc

I'm supposed to be able to interact over my microphone to play certain games.

I'm pressing the microphone icon on the remote, I'm getting the screen change to awaiting microphone, but only getting error messages that I'm not being heard.

Help?

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Microphone use for volley TV.....jeopardy, wheel of fortune, etc

Hi @Loramonique!

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We see that you're having a trouble using your Roku voice remote. No worries, we're here to provide you the best resolution.

While using your voice remote, make sure to press and hold the voice button and say a command. As soon as you release the button, your streaming device will carry out your request. You can also check this article for further details: How to use voice to search and control your Roku streaming device

Best regards,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Tried this. It doesn’t work. The remote hears me but does not interact with the volley app…

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Boatright2211,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does this issue only happen when trying to access that specific channel? Have you tried using voice search on a different platform to see if the issue persists?

Let us know what you find out so that we can work on further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rylerave71
Channel Surfer

It doesn't work for me either...the app sucks. Just scrap it and hire better developers. Because your current developers and programmers need to go into fast food or something easier for them.

rylerave71
Channel Surfer

That doesn't work at all...what terrible advice you gave....I say "Sports for $200" and your retarded app sends me to a sports channel...lol...you all are really bad at your job...I'm laughing, but it is truly sad.  

rylerave71
Channel Surfer

That would be because Volley app designers are complete garbage...Then need to send them back to school for a lot more training...don't waste your money. What a joke they are...They will never fix it, and/or insist on you trying to buy newer Roku devices first...a scam perpetuated by even bigger app design morons.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@rylerave71, it's not Roku's app.  Your anger is misplaced.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rylerave71
Channel Surfer

Good point...I'm sorry....hey, look at me admitting **bleep**.

0 Kudos
AccaWabba

I am using the microphone on the mobile Roku app since my remote does not have mic capabilities. However, when I speak into the mic it is being received as a typical voice command instead of interacting with the Volley app. Is there a fix for that? Or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos