Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowdyHello

Loud voice announcement of volume level when turning tv on

We have Roku Ultra. Today as we turn on the tv and the Roku loads, a very loud woman’s voice announces what HDMI is in use, the time  and what the current volume is at. Every time you increase or decrease the volume she yells what number it’s at. Good grief. Who is she and why can’t I turn her off? Tried to find answer on the tv Roku app in settings and the useless website. Any ideas, please and thank you?!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Loud voice announcement of volume level when turning tv on

@HowdyHello  On your Roku ultra go to settings>accessibility>screen reader   and select off. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm betting that's coming from your TV and has nothing to do with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

My guess also is that this is from your TV, not the Roku.  As far as I know, a Roku device connected to a tv doesn't know WHICH port it's connected to, nor the volume setting on the tv.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X