Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apaigecalloway
Reel Rookie

Lost remote and looking to replace

Jump to solution

I just moved and have lost the Roku remote. I am wanting to buy a new one but I need to know which remote is compatible with the device I have. I bought this Roku back in 2018 if that helps.. Any help would be lovely! Thank you!
(serial number is: YG00CF393392)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Lost remote and looking to replace

Jump to solution

What model number is your Roku device?  There should be something on the bottom of the unit like “model no.” and the four digits.  I have a 2017/2018 Express+, which is model no. 3910X.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What model number is your Roku device?  There should be something on the bottom of the unit like “model no.” and the four digits.  I have a 2017/2018 Express+, which is model no. 3910X.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
apaigecalloway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for getting back with me! The model number is 3900X. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@apaigecalloway A replacement remote costs almost as much as new Roku depending upon the model number. Easier to buy a new Roku player. What is the model number? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@apaigecalloway wrote:

I just moved and have lost the Roku remote. I am wanting to buy a new one but I need to know which remote is compatible with the device I have. I bought this Roku back in 2018 if that helps.. Any help would be lovely! Thank you!

All recent (since 2016, and most since 2013) Roku devices work with the Voice Remote ($20; Voice Remote Pro, $30). Sticks require the Voice Remote/Pro. Some can work with a Simple Remote ($15, IR only). Roku TVs need remotes for that manufacturer (or Voice Remotes; again, all work with Voice Remotes).

The model number of your device will determine which remote you need. The model number is on the device somewhere. It's four numbers, but will have a 1-2 character Alphabetical suffix (not important; only the numbers are).

Roku remotes are available at many local chain retailers such as Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other places.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
parkside

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@parkside wrote:

That is a Roku Stick, so the Voice Remote/Pro is the only ones that will work. You cannot use an IR remote with any version of a Roku Stick.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.