Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanza1028

LG Smart TV and Roku Remote

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee, I haven't even tried it yet, but your answer made too much sense not to respond favorably. Why Roku hasn't helped "enough" is disappointing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: LG Smart TV and Roku Remote

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Stanza1028!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the button functions of your Roku remote. No worries! We'll offer further troubleshooting steps to help you utilize your remote effectively. 

Before proceeding, may we know if this is the remote that comes with your Roku player? If so, try resetting the remote paired to your Roku player by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Remotes & devices > Remove remote. After doing so, try to pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Stanza1028

Jump to solution

I have an LG C3 and have been trying hard to get the volume and power under control, literally. I'm trying to control the TV without going through Alexa, who takes over, unfortunately, I have to use Fire TV stick to power on, and a separate remote to control a Bose TV Speaker, so I'm up to 3! I'll take ANY reasonable suggestions..

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Stanza1028!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the button functions of your Roku remote. No worries! We'll offer further troubleshooting steps to help you utilize your remote effectively. 

Before proceeding, may we know if this is the remote that comes with your Roku player? If so, try resetting the remote paired to your Roku player by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Remotes & devices > Remove remote. After doing so, try to pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos