Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rikki665

Issue with replacement Roku remote and streaming stick

Jump to solution

I acquired a Roku stream stick from my parents about a year and a half ago, recently we all had to move but i still have my stream stick, while it turns on and stays on the Roku home page, i had lost my remote during the move and my mom sent me a replacement. This replacement from my understanding is just a simple remote, it doesn’t have a restart button where the batteries should be, and the batteries i put in it are the correct batteries and they work, but no matter what it still won’t work with my Roku. i feel like i’ve looked up so much but i can’t find anything that fits my current situation. my roku won’t connect to my mobile remote since there’s no wi-fi and it’s only a streaming stick, i can’t manually connect it as it has no IP address, the remote that is supposed to work isn’t, and i just don’t know what to do at this point. i’d love it if someone would be so kind to help me out with this. thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Issue with replacement Roku remote and streaming stick

Jump to solution

Hello @Rikki665

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku Streaming Sticks are only compatible with Roku Voice Remotes - hence your simple remote won't work. You can always purchase a replacement remote here: Roku Accessories

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Issue with replacement Roku remote and streaming stick

Jump to solution

Hello @Rikki665

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku Streaming Sticks are only compatible with Roku Voice Remotes - hence your simple remote won't work. You can always purchase a replacement remote here: Roku Accessories

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.