Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethyss
Streaming Star

Remote don't all work properly

They break after the return period.

Got one remote w/ a headphone jack. 
Plug the headphone in and the remote totally dies - nothing works, none of the buttons.  Checked batteries=excellent.  I have to turn off the Ultra device by Unplugging the power!

Other remote = pro,
Does not hold a charge for more than a few days!!!  We got it because it was thinner, lighter, no batteries.  But it's a Waste of money. 

Don't want to be stuck with using my cellphone !

Guessing Roku wants to cut costs and have their remotes made by monkeys working for peanuts (sorry to defame those cute little monkeys).

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote don't all work properly

Since you mentioned the headphone jack, note that if you don't remove the headphones when you're finished watching it will drain the batteries in short order.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote don't all work properly

.. and since you mention a Voice Remote Pro, do you routinely keep it connected to the charger for extended periods of time after it has reached full charge?  This can cause rechargeable batteries in all sorts of devices to overheat and reduce their capacity, eventually to the point they won't recharge at all.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.