Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben13
Reel Rookie

Incorrect mapping on new remote

I just opened my brand new roku system, I plug it in excited for it to work as intended…. However, as soon as I am in the original set up phase it states to remove the seal and pair the remote. I thought I successfully completed the pairing… however, when I went to log into my Wi-Fi (next step) I found out the the pairing did not work correctly. The down button does not work(it backs out of the Wi-Fi page) and there is no way for my to input my password because I cannot go down hahaha. I reset this thing and the remote 10 times & read articles online of no help… any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Incorrect mapping on new remote

Hi @Ben13,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) What type of remote are you using? (universal, simple, voice remote, or voice remote pro) With more details, we will be able to assist you further. Meanwhile, please try to unplug the Roku device from the wall outlet and try to plug it back in after 30 seconds. If it is rechargeable, please ensure that the remote is fully charged. If it is operated with a battery, try changing the battery to a new one. Try pairing and setting them up one last time after checking out this link here for more details on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working properly.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ben13
Reel Rookie

The product is a 4k streaming stick (thus my #tag in the post) I simple bought the product at the store. I do not now know how to find all the other information you are asking for. The remote came with the product… if I need a degree in computer science to make this work I’ll just return the product and get a refund. Sorry for my frustration but I bought a product that simple doesn’t work as intended. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I would guess that’s simply a defective remote and would exchange the whole product at the store.  I also would warn you that streaming can be a bit more complicated, and a bit more DIY, than say, cable TV, so if this seems like needing a “degree in computer science” then it might not be a good fit.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.