Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey82
Reel Rookie

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

I understand the issue with the volume, but in addition to that, the power does not turn the tv on.

I have turned the tv on in one room and gone to settings and reset the remote for the tv. All is good with that tv.

Two other TVs are not able to turn on with power and therefore I cannot get to settings.

Is there another way to get to settings? I hit the home button and no response.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model

-TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

I have 3 4670X Ultras that are all on build 4195; one controls a Proscan TV power, volume and mute, and another controls power and mute on an Onkyo AVR, no problem, and I can go into the setup and choose or search for another brand if I need to. But the third, that formerly controlled the power, volume, and mute on a (pair of) RCA TV('s) now controls the power only. On that Ultra, there is no longer an option to choose or enter a brand of TV, it immediately goes to the "hear music (Y/N)?" prompt, bypassing the TV brand choice.

TV brand: RCA LED47A55RS

YJ009G772119

KW99A9772119

10.0.0.4195-46

19-192801

Enter settings/remotes & devices/remotes/enhanced voice remote/set up remote for TV control

Press enter and the next option (to choose a TV brand) is skipped; you are at the "playing music y/n" prompt. No way to re-enter setup for the same or a different TV brand. And no, no sound is ever heard after setting an appropriate volume with another remote.

0 Kudos
Greg124

Jump to solution

-TV brand and model: Sharp
-serial number: 55G1822B9H00549
-device ID: I'm not sure with this is???
-software OS/version: V0000.01.00a.K0829
-tracker ID: 44-192-833
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Roku remote does not control TV volume or power.  It used to.

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku model: 3810x

TV brand & model: Sharp

Serial #: YH00GV372795

Device Id: C1383G372795

Software OS/Version: 10.0.0 build 4195-50

0 Kudos
Blackjack101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried that on three televisions. Was able to reconnect the JVC televisions but not the Samsung. Even tried a brand new remote from Roku. That remote only has ten codes for Samsung and JVC each, but the older remotes have 50 for each brand. JVC Models LT43MA877 and LT55MA877 both used code 15 under JVC brand. Neither would work with the brand new remote from Roku that only had ten codes. That remote came with a brand new Roku Ultra received this date from Amazon.  The new remote would not work with the Samsung television either and would only try 10 codes. It is worthless for my televisions. Had to use the old remote for the new Ultra so it would control the volume on the JVC television. The Samsung television is a 2018 Model UN40NU7100. The older remote worked on it until just recently to control the volume and mute. It no longer does that but will still turn the television on and off. Not sure why a company would release an "update" that would remove features from their system. And then to get so many complaints about the issue and not rescind that update and go back to the prior update until the issue is resolved. This will probably be the last Roku device I purchase and it may still be returned and I will switch to a different streaming service if Roku is going to continue to treat their customers like this.

Mikey82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos
OutWestandnorth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Blackjack101 is spot on.  It’s a total slap in the face to Roku’s customer’s and very irresponsible.  We have a large, older top of the line Sony tv that we love and your product isn’t worth using now.  Your remotes still work for our cheap tvs in the bedrooms but that isn’t good enough to keep us using Roku and we certainly won’t encourage anyone else to try them.  It’s very disappointing.

Flyfish29

Jump to solution

Same issue here. 4195-50. Volume doesn't control like it did previously.   Grrrr. 

JLP11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Still no OS update...This is really becoming annoying!!!