Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wynsmth26
Streaming Star

If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote...

Jump to solution

If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote, just go into settings & re-set the remote to control the TV .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to the following thread with this information: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

• Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
  • If you are using the newest Roku remote, Voice Remote Pro, please let us know as well.

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

Reset what? Remove the remote and re-add it or do you mean just restart the roku? After the update none of my remotes detect headphones being plugged in. Nothing I've tried has fixed it. 

0 Kudos
wynsmth26
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I only had an issue with the volume & mute controls. I went to settings> remotes & devices> remotes> enhanced voice remote(the remote I have in use) > set up remote for TV control. 

0 Kudos
HomeTeamW5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote worked fine before the update controlling both my tv's on/off and the volume on my soundbar. I've been able to re-sync the soundbar (but now the volume buttons on the roku remote are extremely laggy). I tried to do another set up for remote to control my TV, but now it doesn't recognize my tv, the exact same tv it was set up with before the update. Is there any way to remove this update and go back to the previous one that actually worked??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model

-TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
lindabott

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Remote used to work just fine.  Now it will not control the sound.  I tried re-pairing the remote. New batteries, turning the Roku off, etc.  Nothing is working.  Since multiple people are having this same issue, is there a fix on the horizon?

Mtuck0721

Jump to solution

Do you want our finger prints as well? Just fix the screw-up. For god’s sake, countless thousands or tens of thousands are having the problem. Just do a freakin’ firmware update. Geez Louise!

Geminisdc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That doesnt work

wynsmth26
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There have been a couple of updates since v 10.0.0 build 4177-46. If you are on v 10.0.0 build 4177-46, update your Roku. I haven't had a problem on the newer updates.

0 Kudos
keh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have 2 TVs and 2 Roku devices - remotes for BOTH Rokus no longer control volume.

#1:  Roku  Streaming Stick Plus   Model 3810

TV:  Dynex

Issue ID:  35-191-754

#2:   Roku Ultra   Model 4670X

TV:  Sony Bravia

Issue ID:  01-191-637

NOTE:   Software build is  4195-46