Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution
Update 5/19/2021: Resolved

We believe this issue is now resolved by checking for a software update. Thank you for your patience. Please see the accepted solution below for more information, or click here.

Hello Roku Community members!

We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume  functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:
  • Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote
Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our support article: 'How to set up your Roku® voice remote to control your TV'.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Update 5/19/2021: Resolved

We released a software update today that we believe will fix the TV control issue for customers who lost TV power and volume functions after the latest update.

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue. Please perform a software update from your device using the instructions below.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1.  Navigate to Settings
2.  Select System
3.  Select System update
4.  Select Check now

Confirm the dialogue box to proceed with download and installation.  Note that your Roku player will automatically download the latest software the next time when it checks for an update. After the Roku player finishes restarting, your TV volume and power functions should be restored.

After the Roku player finishes restarting, if your TV control functions have not been restored, set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1.   Navigate to Settings
2.  Select Remotes & devices
3.  Select Remotes followed by your remote
4.  Select Set up remote for TV control

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your enhanced remote to control your TV.

We are going to lock this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing a loss of TV functions after performing the update, please click to the new thread here and let us know. 

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

508 REPLIES 508
AudreyAD1
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial number: X00400LKRT69 (S01229CKRT69)

Software version: 10.0.0 - build 4185-AE

Timestamp: 2021-04-30T23:17:25Z

Issue ID 69-172-757

This is just one television, but I have the same problem with all four Roku remotes!

Audrey Davis

Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku 4230X Roku 3

Serial number 4E755C013198

Software version 10.0.0 build 4185-04

Issue ID 98-173-556

Tv Panasonic TH-50PX60U (yes, I know it is ancient, but I cannot even get Panasonic, or any other manufacturer, to come up int the brand list)

clt15

Jump to solution

Hello.  I have a Roku 4660X - Roku Ultra.  The issue ID number is 27-173-765.  My TV is a Sony Bravia (not a smart TV). The voice remote that I received with the Ultra stopped controlling the volume.  It would just say 100 in the upper right hand corner of my TV.  I tried all the steps listed in the trouble shooting sections.  Nothing worked.  Thinking it was the remote, I just purchased a 2nd Roku voice remote only to have the same issue.  Volume rocker and mute button do not work.  When pressed, the number 100 appears.  I tried all of the steps with this remote, as well....turning everything off, disconnecting power, disconnecting HDMI cord, trying to reprogram it to control TV volume through the settings menu....still not working.  All other remote functions are working.  Please help!

Cindee

Jump to solution

Roku remote will not turn the TV off and when I try to use the volume buttons I get an Icon in the upper right corner, Icon description.  A speaker with a purple circle around it and  100 next to it.  

Model  3931RW Roku Express+

Software 9.4.0 build 4210-AE

Issue ID. T8-174-113. 

Jbre
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sharp tv doesn’t connect after update

Latoday

Jump to solution

Yes, created an 

Issue ID 95-174-55

MissRodeo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Our Sharp TV doesn’t work now, either. 

MissRodeo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 3800x-Roku Stresming stick

serial number- YF0023180871

software version-9.4.0 build 4210-55

timestamp 2021-05-02T13:13:37Z

ID 71-175-033

Sharp model G182565

Please help!

MEMTV

Jump to solution

Our remote will not turn the tv off and volume control does not work. Everything else works I think. We never used voice control - I tried that now and it is not working. 

Vizio smart tv 

Model 3921X

SN: JG2897211138