Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

Pete12341, Thanks for posting this information. I did a Google search and found what you posted and also some other secret codes.

0 Kudos
BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Follow up to my last post. If you venture into the secret menus, be careful. I got into a menu that would display a new code for every button I pushed. None of the buttons on the remote did any of the functions they are supposed to. I couldn't exit the program no matter what I tried. I unplugged the power cord for one minute. The Roku restarted just as a normal restart (bouncing Roku ball) and everything was fine.

As for the intermittent IR problem, I have now gone for another two weeks or so without any problems. If the problem occurs again, I think I'm going to try a "hard reset" which will leave the Roku as it comes new but should keep the latest software updates. I will just need to enter all my info again.

A little back ground on me, I have four Roku Ultra's including a "model 2022" that is my main one. I've been using Roku's for a least 8 years. The intermittent IR problem is by far the worst experience I have ever had with Roku. Hopefully they will get it figured out soon. When Roku's are working properly, I much prefer them over other streaming devices, including my Apple TV 4K. Yes I am a heavy user. 😎

0 Kudos
Chipopks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info about the secret menus. I didn't have to do that though because mine has been working for the past week. I didn't do anything differently. I believe I'm on the same firmware and software version I was when it was having issues. I'm hopeful mine will continue working - but not very confident that it will. 

BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think you're correct about everyone is probably on the latest updates. The fact the problem comes and goes is probably what is making it difficult for Roku. I'm pretty sure it is only the new voice remote pro remote that has the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing.

We believe this has now been resolved. Please keep us posted if you are still experiencing the issue that was originally reported in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
davetruko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What is the solution? 

I read the whole thread and I see some people installed new firmware, but the problem came back. 

I’m having the problem and used a IR camera to confirm it is only intermittently transmitting. When it’s malfunctioning, there is no light. 

I tried the secret menu but discovered I already had the most recent firmware. 

what next? 

this was purchased on Nov 8th, so barely 3 months old. Very disappointing. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@davetruko 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, the issue you are experiencing may be unrelated to this thread. Can you please send the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About to me through a PM? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos