Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harpua
Reel Rookie

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

I luckily have not had any problems in a few weeks. The only thing that I did even though the battery had 90% left, I recharged it for 2 hours. Ever since then I've had no problems. I don't think it's related but who knows?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • brand and model TV you are using
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'll start, and hopefully others will post some information as well since it seems to stem from the voice remote pro on a varity of other devices. I'll also add remote info and firmware.

Here is inf from two TVs doing this. (Both Voice Remote Pro, Please not, other remotes work fine, It's just the Voice Remote Pros that have this)

TV1:

Model 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+ - YH00F0406151 - 11.5.0 build 4312-50

Remote Info: Voice Remote Pro RC701 FW: rtn.4186

TV: Samsung UN43NU6900

Steps: Just use the volume, mute, or power buttons. They work then randomly stop and start.

Started on both TVs that use Voice Remote Pro in mid-late november(ish)

TV2:

Model 3801RW - Roku Streaming STick+ - YH00E8957306 - 11.5.0 build 4312-5

Remote: Voice Remote Pro RC701 FW rtn.4186

TV: Samsung UN50TU7000

Steps: Same as above, along with date.

Note: I have been using the roku's with spare remotes (Not voice remote pros) and have had no issues with those remotes. Only with Voice Remote Pros. All my other TVs (With same stick and no Voice Remote Pros) have never had this issue.

Let me know if I can provide any additional info, or test anything.

0 Kudos
Stratmanpa55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issue returned last night. I put the remote on the charger and so far the issue has gone away.  Is this a voltage issue with the rechargeable unit and IR functions?   All the other functions continue to work but the volume and mute functions just completely stop functioning.

looking for answers….

0 Kudos
HermSmith
Reel Rookie

Volume & Mute work sometimes

Jump to solution

I recently replaced my remote with a rechargeable Roku Remote purchased on Amazon. For some reason the volume control and mute control have stopped working. They do work some times but only for a few seconds before stopping. I have paired the remote to the Samsung TV a couple of times but this does not help. I can use the voice commend to change the volume but that is not convenient for changes of any degree. I have even go so far as to add an HDMI extender cable to put the Roku device toward the front of the TV where it is not obstructed. I am considering purchasing a new Roku device to see if that helps. My current device is a couple of years old. I suppose as a last resort I could go back to my old battery operated remote, but that got to be rather expensive. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Volume & Mute work sometimes

Jump to solution

The Roku remote controls your Samsung tv volume by IR, that means it needs a clear line of sight from the Roku remote to the tv IR sensor, not to the Roku itself. Once your Roku remote is programmed for your tv brand, you can unplug the Roku power and tv controls will still work. Do you have anything blocking the tv sensor like picture frames or soundbar? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HermSmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is nothing what so ever in front of the tv.

Problem continues. I continually lose both volume control and mute control. There have also been times when I could not even turn off the tv using the remote.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

And the tv's original remote works fine all along? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model: 3810CA - Streaming Stick 4K
Serial Number - YH006U444347
Device ID - 265136444347
Software: 11.5.0 - Build 4312-50
TV - Samsung 450

Remote Model: RC701
Remote firmware: rtn.4186

The problem will randomly happen....one minute the rechargeable remote works, the next minute it doesn't....mainly volume, mute & power buttons

I can get it to work again by using my battery remote a couple of times & then the rechargeable will work for a bit & then it loses the IR again....

This began on Dec. 15/22

0 Kudos
maine4me
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here my Voice Remote Pro – Rechargeable Remote is working randomly. It also started with update11.50 build 4312.

You'd think by now someone would notice, or if they did, let us know they are working on it.

Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.