Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

I have three Roku ultras in M y primary account. Two can use buttons one and two the other cannot.

I have three Roku in one of my accounts. They are all Roku ultras.

Two of them can read  user select buttons one and two in the remote pro. The third Roku ultra cannot. Roku number three, which is the newest,  only says “press and hold the one or two button for five seconds” And no sub menu pop up. 
Roku one and two have a sub Menu pop up.

Am I missing something or is something wrong with Roku number three? 
All three Roku’s could read Both Roku Pro and Roku pro two Remotes

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
michele123w
Reel Rookie

Re: I have three Roku ultras in M y primary account. Two can use buttons one and two the other canno

Hello,

Troubleshooting Roku Ultra Button Differences

It seems like there's an inconsistency between your Roku Ultra devices regarding the button functionality.

Potential Solutions:

• Check for Software Updates: Ensure all Roku devices are running the latest software version.
  • Reset Roku Device: Perform a factory reset on the Roku Ultra that's not responding correctly. Be cautious as this will erase all settings.
  • Re-pair Remote: Try re-pairing the remote with the Roku device.
  • Check Remote Batteries: Ensure the remote's batteries are fresh.
  • Test with Different Remote: If possible, try using a different Roku remote to see if the issue persists.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have three Roku ultras in M y primary account. Two can use buttons one and two the other canno

Hi, @FranklinJ.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you use the shortcut buttons on your Roku Voice Remote Pro. 

Kindly try to reboot your physical remote by following the steps provided below:

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home for 20 seconds.

After doing so, please refer to this support article to learn how to create a personal shortcut on your Roku voice remote.

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.