Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincentmcc
Reel Rookie

I cant get my new Roku Remote to control everything

I upgraded my Roku remote to Voice Remote Pro (Model RC795) to work with my current Roku Premiere (Model 3920X) on my Samsung Smart TV (Model LT24H310S), but I can not seem to get all the features to control TV on/off, volume and mute to work with the new Roku remote. I still have to use the Samsung TV remote to do that. I assume the new Roku remote is okay, but do I also have to upgrade the Roku Premiere and/or Samsung TV to enable the Roku remote to control everything? I appreciate any help/suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I cant get my new Roku Remote to control everything

Hi! @Vincentmcc,

Thank you for your post.

Some Roku voice remotes incorporate both wireless and infrared (IR) technologies, letting you seamlessly control your Roku streaming device along with aspects of your TV. You can set up the TV controls during the initial setup and activation of your Roku device, or you can wait and do it at any time from the Settings menu.

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes and devices
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up a remote for TV control.

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.