Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howches
Channel Surfer

I can't get my Ultra to control volume or on/off with new LG OLED B series TV.

Jump to solution

I think I have done all the right things:

• Connected the Roku to the ARC input
  • Used a high speed cable
  • Turned on CEC on both the TV (Simplink) and on the Roku (1 touch play)
  • tried unplugging power from both and replugging
  • updated OS on both

I am able to turn off the TV by using the "TV OFF" icon on the Roku menu so I presume they are talking to each other somehow.  I am, however, unable to make the Roku remote either turn the tv on or off with the button, or use the Roku volume control to control the TV.  Can you help?  Trying to make this work for my handicapped sister who has difficulty with two remotes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get my Ultra to control volume or on/off with new LG OLED B series TV.

Jump to solution

Your remote sends the power, volume, and mute signals to the TV via infrared (IR).   It has to be set up to send the correct IR command set that will be recognized by your TV.

Roku menu path:
"Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes"
At this point if your remote has already been setup for the tv but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use).
Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get my Ultra to control volume or on/off with new LG OLED B series TV.

Jump to solution

Your remote sends the power, volume, and mute signals to the TV via infrared (IR).   It has to be set up to send the correct IR command set that will be recognized by your TV.

Roku menu path:
"Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes"
At this point if your remote has already been setup for the tv but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use).
Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Howches
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This fixed the problem.  Thanks so much.  I am a little embarrassed I couldn't figure it out myself, but on the other hand, when I looked at the remote menu several times before, I saw no indication that you needed to press the down button to access the necessary additional choices which I think is a silly mistake by Roku (are you listening?).  Anyway, thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos