Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrowsey

Re: Constantly draining batteries on remote - 4800x Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R   Danny, this issue was first reported in March on this thread.  I too am experiencing short battery life with a brand new Roku Streaming Stick + I purchased last week.  The remote looses around 20% of battery life a day.  I’m on my third set of new batteries.

Problem appears widespread and has been occurring long enough for you guys to recreate in the shop.  HELP!  Love the product, but this stinks.  I have 3 older sticks (3yrs old) that work fine.

Thank you.

Jeffrey 

0 Kudos
Wedge440
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

My serial number is X010009DVXVM. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jrowsey @Wedge440

Thanks for reaching out.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JLSJR
Channel Surfer

Remote is draining batteries. No customer service contact information

Jump to solution

I would like to exchange my Roku device because it’s draining batteries. Also For the record I want to establish a complaint with your board of directors and most senior executives. The lack of customer service and the long list of complaints on your troubleshooting site is appalling. What’s more is there’s no solution after hard earned income has been spent by millions on your faulty product. Can you send me a list of your board members and their mailing addresses?  Please also send a replacement unit.  

0 Kudos
darewear
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!! Me Me Me

Jump to solution

@yawitz -  Can you please tell me how I can get the firmware update release you mentioned that fixed the problem for your remote.  Mine has headset capability and I use the headsets a lot but when I,m not using the headsets it seems the batteries last longer.  Regardless, I had two remotes and the drainage is ridiculous whether I use headsets or not.  Maybe by updating the firmware might work. 

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!! Me Me Me

Jump to solution

@darewear Check this post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-streaming-stick-draining-batteries/td-p/64780...

It explains how to get your remote's firmware to update. That's what I had done, and it worked for me.

0 Kudos
JCorl

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

I have roku remote model rc-el3 and I am changing the batteries almost weekly. Would you please help me get a new remote?

0 Kudos
darewear
Channel Surfer

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have addressed this problem with Roku for months now and was even sent out a replacement remote which is worse than the first one.  It's obviously a firmware problem but Roku refuses to address the issue. Their customer service is despicable!  If you got the answer can you please forward?

0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

Jump to solution

After several months of non-action I gave up and bought a 4 pack of rechargeable Li batteries. Every two weeks I have to swap out the spent ones for a recharges set. I only got  the run around from Roku.

0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote batteries dying in 24 hours

Jump to solution

Not a good replacement!

The original supports earphones and that supposedly is where the large battery drain originates. Also, the suggested remote does not  connect via Bluetooth like the original.

It is a real shame that ROKU does not admit the problem and support their customer base. They now appear to supply a remote that is rechargeable  - perhaps in a stand. Having to replace batteries every two weeks isn’t a great selling point and the introduction of that remote seems to reinforce that.

Maybe ROKU could be convinced to exchange the battery eaters for a new rechargeable one?

0 Kudos