Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

Hi @lamv

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Linda1952

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

Roku serial number is

SN:C13978571400

Remote does not work. Roku home screen comes up but the remote does not allow me to navigate the screen or make any selections. 

My email address is

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Linda1952

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D  As @jdaaz and many others have said, all any of the Roku employees contribute is to ask for serial numbers, etc, that will "be sent to our team, and they get back to you", yet THEY NEVER DO!  I've yet to read a post by anyone that were contacted by "the team" with any helpful advice. Do you think we're all brain-dead, and don't realize this is just a line you tell users, that is a dead-end?

If we actually saw that those with issues were really contacted and their problems addressed, maybe it would make sense to continue asking for all this pertinent information. But until such a time, we will continue seeing that question as nothing more than a diversionary tactic, with I guess, hope that people will just be tired enough running in circles, they'll give up....

My remote's voice feature no longer conks out, but won't work every time I turn on the Roku TV I have, but will, once I turn the TV on & off again, sometimes twice more times! This is ridiculous, why can't the remote work when I turn the TV on, and not only when it's been on & off a couple or three times, and only then, will it work? It's a waste of energy, and will obviously shorten the life of the TV, being turned on two to three times more often than necessary. 

geno2u
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been a Roku owner since before HDMI day. What I have found the remotes problems seem to have started with the pre programed buttons at the bottom of the remote. When I use an old cellphone with the Roku app as a remote I have no problems. I was sent a replacement remote from Roku at no charge to me. Thank you for that Roku. Now the original remote would at random switch my tv over to the pre programed HULU  channel to sign in or sign up. The replacement remote  now does the same only now it the pre programed VUDU channel.  Always goes to the same pre programed channel on the remote. Using the phone app no problem. The older remotes before pre programed buttons, no problems. I cant help but think its not a remote problem but a  payment for putting loaded presets on the remote.