Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LysR23

How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

My remote for the Roku Streaming Stick is only 3 months old and ALWAYS stops working. Sometimes removing the batteries for a few seconds will reset it. This time it seems as though the remote has completely stopped working, but the pairing light on the back continues to blink. I have tried unplugging everything to reset it, but no luck. I'm assuming it's time for a new remote, unless I'm missing something? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

@LysR23 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

@LysR23 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jddrinker
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote constantly stops working, even with fresh batteries

Jump to solution

Review my "Unresponsive enhanced remote fix?" post I made today. Review the results, see if yours behaves the same way. I'd be interested in knowing whether that setting works for you, too.

dark-cloud

Jump to solution

Roku #voice remote is unreliable.  I purchased two -- one works as expected, one plays dead more often than not.  I replace batteries, remove and clean batteries, reset the sync over and over and over but the problem returns. 

That's bad enough, but my disappointment flares because the lousy product is compounded by a lack of warranty protection.  Roku is making a faulty product -- abundant consumer complaints are the evidence -- yet, they do not protect their brand or back their customers by offering replacements. 

Very bad business model.  There are many other streaming options available.  Dissatisfied. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dark-cloud 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GPC42
Reel Rookie

Remote not working intermittently, not a pairing issue

Jump to solution

My roku remote intermittently stops working.  It is not a pairing issue as a reboot (unplugging/plugging power) of the roku resolves the problem without needing to press the pairing button on the remote.

I have done a factory reset and the issue remains.

Roku Ultra, connected via ethernet.

BobInNashville
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote not working intermittently, not a pairing issue

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem! My remote is an older model, with green & blue buttons arranged vertically at the bottom.

0 Kudos
khpoole1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. My remote constantly stops working. I have followed all the steps on your trouble shooting page. I have had to reset this thing five times today and it still continues to not work. This is so frustrating!!!!!

onurnet

Jump to solution

I have the same problem... I try everything, but my remote doesn't work. It worked two days ago but now doesn't.

glr2472
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can I also contact you since I am having the same issue and none of the solutions works, remote still fails at random. Can I get a replacement remote since I've only had the device for 6 months.