Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WifiNoRemote
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot connect to Roku to Wifi without remote

Jump to solution

It's not accurate to say that the Ultra is the only Roku model with an Ethernet port, but I did certainly overlook that many do not have them.

Please be aware that my previous solution only works on the several models that have an Ethernet port. Best of luck otherwise.

No wifi + no remote = no television

Jump to solution

So we lost the remote while moving. TV and cellphone can't connect to the same WiFi, because we don't have a remote to connect the Roku TV to the wifi the phone is on.

So. How do we replace our Roku TV (32S321) remote, without the remote or WiFi?

Please, do not tell me we have to buy a new TV just because we lost a remote...

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No wifi + no remote = no television

Jump to solution

You can get IR roku tv remotes on ebay for under $10. Roku tv brandss such as tcl, onn, insignia, magnavox, westinghouse, sanyo, jvc, haier, hitachi, philips, and element all respond to the same IR code. So a roku tv remote with any one of those brands will work with each other. Only Hisense and Sharp roku tv's use a different code set. But Hisense and sharp do work with each other.

You can go to Walmart or Best buy and get roku wifi voice remote, which works on every brand of roku tv once you pair it to the tv. Walmart also has a One-For-All universal remote the urc-7935 for $16.88. Works great with roku tv's, just use the directions in section D, either the Tcl or Insignia directions. Here's a photo of it next to Roku tv voice remote:

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No wifi + no remote = no television

Jump to solution

@D_famedmommy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sthsajan

Could not connect roku ultra to internet without remote

Jump to solution

I do not have roku ultra remote. I did reset my roku ultra but could pair my device to mobile app remote. I have connected roku device with Ethernet and try to pair with roku mobile apps remote it gives error message “check to see if your roku ultra is plugged in and on network”. How to solve that issue. I have used my apps with same home WiFi and roku with same home Ethernet 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: Could not connect roku ultra to internet without remote

Jump to solution

After the reset the roku no longer knows your internet credentials, and the only way to set it up is via roku remote. But it doesn't have to be a roku brand remote, the ultra responds to iR commands so a cheap universal remote with roku listed will do. Try target or local dollar store. 

Edmund

lexilou366

Jump to solution

How do I find my Roku model? I cannot access the settings on my Roku TV since I do not have the remote and I cannot connect to the internet to use the Roku app remote. I am also trying to figure out how to connect to my network without a physical remote and I have tried direct connect to the modem via ethernet cable (I have an ethernet port on the back of the TV) and it will still not connect. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You can't, initially you will need a real remote to set the internet on your tv. Do you have an old cable tv remote from comcast or charter lying around? You could possible be set to control your roku tv, what brand of Roku tv tcl, insignia, or hisense? You can get universal from walmart that will control your roku tv great, its the One-For-All urc-7935 streamewr uniuversal remote it on sale at $16.88. Walmart also sells the Roku voice remote, once paired with your roku tv will work fine. 

Edmund

Connecting tv to wifi without remote

Jump to solution

hey i have been trying to connect my tv to wifi but i cant find my remote and i’ve tried plugging a mouse into the tv and trying with 2 phones and a mobile hotspot. is there a way i can connect the tv to wifi with a code? i’m really struggling. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Connecting tv to wifi without remote

Jump to solution

Nope.  This question has been asked a million times.  You must have a physical remote.

0 Kudos