Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angiorn226

How can I improve battery life on a Remote Pro Version 2

Jump to solution

Ours is draining in 48 hours! Voice control is off. The backlit feature only works if you push a button first, not motion activated. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I improve battery life on a Remote Pro Version 2

Jump to solution

Hello @Angiorn226,

We wanted to let you know that we would like to take a closer look at the issue you reported. To provide you with the best assistance, we have sent a private message to your email address and would greatly appreciate it if you could review it at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Angiorn226, welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issues you're having with your Remote Pro Version 2nd edition. We're here to help! Before we get started, could you please let us know which Roku device you paired with this remote? Also, did you purchase this Roku remote separately?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the voice command feature and backlit feature to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ExpertNovice
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good luck.  Those are the same instructions given to me to try and fix the Voice button which often fails to work. So, if the suggestion to reset doesn't work it may be a defective remote.  If still under warranty, and you purchased from Roku, contact support for a replacement.  If you "recently" ordered the remote you might also want to verify the remote you have is the one you ordered.  Here are some model numbers learned while trying to get the RCB1R that I ordered that may help.

Model RCB1R (Website: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) | Backlit Remote) (Unable to verify until Roku finally sends one.)

Model RC-0S1 (Support says RC-051) (Website: Roku Voice Remote Pro;  (Note it is not the 2nd edition) (Box sent in: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) | Backlit Remote). Wrong remote sent in correct box. Because it is defective I contacted support and they determined the wrong remote was sent.

Model RC-MC1F (Roku support says this is not a model they make, there is an RC-MC1) (Box: Roku Voice Remote Pro (not 2nd edition | USB Charging)

Model RC-GZ1 (Website: Roku Voice Remote Pro | Rechargeable Voice Remote) (Box: Roku Voice remote Two AAA batteries) It does have batteries so is not rechargeable)

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Angiorn226,

We wanted to let you know that we would like to take a closer look at the issue you reported. To provide you with the best assistance, we have sent a private message to your email address and would greatly appreciate it if you could review it at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.