Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EP17
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV: Setup screen/universal remote

Got a used Hisense Roku TV model 40H4030FI without a remote. Tried to program universal remote to tv but doesn’t seem to work. The previous owner reset the TV with the factory reset button and I am stuck on a language selection page. Will the universal remote not pair from this page?? How else do I use the Tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setup screen/universal remote

Universal remotes don't "pair" to Roku TVs or devices.  Pairing is only for Roku voice remotes.  For universal remotes, you have to find the appropriate code from the remote's documentation for Roku TVs (or possibly Hisense TVs in this case) to program the remote.  The remote may have more than one code to try.  Roku also has a simple remote for Roku TVs for 10 bucks:

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
EP17
Reel Rookie

Ok so I have a universal remote and I’ve tried connecting it to the Tv but it doesn’t seem to work. I am stuck on a language setting page because the person I bought it from hit the factory reset button. Should the remote still be programmable from this screen?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@EP17 

No, you have to enter the proper tv brand's code into the universal remote, you do nothing to the Roku tv itself. Once the universal remote has the right code it will just work, you'll press english, enter your wifi network and password, then you enter email address. On your cellphone and computer is where you finish signing up.

As for what tv brand to use, look for Dynex, or LG, try all codes until you get one that gives you cursor commands and of course power & volume. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.