Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepp77

Re: HDMI Extender not working

My Roku serial number is rejected by the hdmi extender request form so I bought one from Amazon.  No issues with it displaying but now the remotes key presses for my 4K stick aren’t being recognised.  

roku connected directly to hdmi port - controller turns on tv, does volume controls apps etc- ie does exactly as it should

Roku connected via hdmi extender - controller doesn’t work at all, not just the CEC commands but actually just moving through the roku menus doesn’t work.

Very odd

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Pepp77 Check that all of your connections are tight.  If they are the extender you purchased from Amazon is likely faulty.  HDMI extenders are just short HDMI cables with one female and one male connection.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Pepp77, if you really want to try to get one from Roku, make sure you're using the serial number and not the device ID.  You can find it under Settings->System->About or, better yet, copy and paste it from your linked devices displayed in your account at https://my.roku.com .  As @HDMIGuy  said, the one from Roku isn't anything special.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.