Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deadmaulwalking
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI CEC Audio stopped working - will newer models have this same issue?

You don't have PMs enabled. If you can turn those on, I can send it over.

Solution can't be posted publicly due to it apparently being a Fight Club menu and you get banned if you post it.

AvCordCut435
Binge Watcher

Sent a PM … not sure why the secret menu to toggle IR/CEC remote functions isn’t allowed in the forums 

Jdogg96
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the assistance everyone! Now what can we do to have Roku put this back in the regular menu? It was there around last year I believe. My worry is this function will no longer be obvious to people and then they'll look for other solutions. This would mean that Roku will lose a market share. People would search for other solutions rather than use Roku... So wouldn't it be in Roku's best interest to put this back into the user menu? Should we all be sending messages to support to request them to make this a user selectable option again?

0 Kudos
braincloud

I have a Roku Ultra LR and JBL soundbar, and I suddenly started experiencing this same problem last week. I think I figured out the fix from hints in this thread and elsewhere, found the secret menu, and toggled CEC to get the volume controls working for my audio receiver again. However, now the power button no longer turns the tv on and off. Checking the codeset for power off is frustrating since selecting the option works by turning off the tv.

I'd welcome any advice about how to resolve the problem while keeping the volume buttons working, but I'm also curious about the original question. If I can't get this working and I buy a new Roku streaming stick, will I still encounter the same problem? TIA.

0 Kudos
Rick-in-LM

I would also like to get the ability to reenable cec. I am replacing an older ultra that when used with the gaming remote controlled the volume on the receiver just fine, but the newer remote cannot.

0 Kudos
Jdogg96
Channel Surfer

Hey all. The answer is something that needs to be PM'd.  Please make sure you are set up for DM's/PM's, also check Reddit r/Roku group, and Google (secret menu) is also your friend. Hope that helps someone.

0 Kudos
Nate14120

Also looking for the solution to this...upgraded an old AVR and was looking forward to this feature greatly. Using a new roku ultra on 11.5 with Denon s760h AVR.

0 Kudos
Kevop
Reel Rookie

Hi,

can you please send me the instructions on how you fixed the hdmi cec issues.  Mine stopped working about bc a month ago.  Really appreciated.

0 Kudos
Jdogg96
Channel Surfer

Kevop
Reel Rookie

Thank worked!  Thank you so much!!!!  I've been trying to fix this for a month.

0 Kudos