Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owens30144

Gen 2 Quick Launch isn't quick launching

Jump to solution

Am I doing something wrong?

I programmed the quick launch button for YTTV. Based on Gen 1 programming I should only have to press it once for the app to automatically startup, but it's making me hit it a second time. At this point. There's no difference for me to hit power and then click YTTV.

Am I skipping a step to lock it in?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Gen 2 Quick Launch isn't quick launching

Jump to solution

Hello @Owens30144,

Welcome to the Roku community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about the Quick Launch issue with your Roku voice remote (2nd Edition). We're here to help clarify things for you.

It looks like you've successfully added the channel you wanted to be part of the shortcut in the Quick Launch feature. However, just a heads up, you'll still need to select the channel before it opens. This differs from the 1st Edition Roku Voice Remote, where the buttons were shortcuts. With the 2nd Edition, you can add up to two channels. Once added, you'll find the channel in the Quick Launch section (refer to the image below).

Simply click on the channel once to open it.

To learn more about this Roku remote feature, head over to our support page and check out the details on using the Quick Launch button on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition).

We hope this helps enhance your streaming experience! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your streaming! 💜
Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Gen 2 Quick Launch isn't quick launching

Jump to solution

Hello @Owens30144,

Welcome to the Roku community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about the Quick Launch issue with your Roku voice remote (2nd Edition). We're here to help clarify things for you.

It looks like you've successfully added the channel you wanted to be part of the shortcut in the Quick Launch feature. However, just a heads up, you'll still need to select the channel before it opens. This differs from the 1st Edition Roku Voice Remote, where the buttons were shortcuts. With the 2nd Edition, you can add up to two channels. Once added, you'll find the channel in the Quick Launch section (refer to the image below).

Simply click on the channel once to open it.

To learn more about this Roku remote feature, head over to our support page and check out the details on using the Quick Launch button on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition).

We hope this helps enhance your streaming experience! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your streaming! 💜
Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.