Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Re: Flashing red light on Roku Remote RCB1R.

Jump to solution

I have a camera phone, so I recorded the flashing red light as proof that it was flashing red.  At least one Tech support person didn’t believe me. “ It’s not supposed to flash red.” I tried charging it to full, 100% and that did not make it change. I let the battery run down to about 80%. That did not fix it.  Then I charged it back to 100%. That Did not fix it. I have three Roku ultras. I connected it to my bench, spare ultra and white the remote and wiped the spare ultra.  Then I went back to my new Roku ultra from May 15, And once paired, it still flashed red.

I have no answers for you except contact Tech Support and ask for a replacement RCB1r. 

I received a replacement RCB1r. It is only flashed red twice, and only for a short period of time.  Although it’s the new ultra has a screen window that says pair the remote because of voice command issues (I’m paraphrasing) It was six times a show with the old remote, but maybe once or twice a day with a new remote.  

As many times as I paired the old remote and wiped the old remote and wiped an ultra with the remote connected, nothing helped the old remote.

I’m still having problems with the remote that I received with the ultra on May 15.  thank you for the reminder. I should get that resolved too. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.