Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dish remote no longer turns on volume or turn TV off - TCL 6

Hi @jjlash,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please be advised that we are aware of the app issue. Our Engineering team is currently working on it. We still haven't received any feedback at the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

On the other hand, regarding the non-related Roku remote issue, have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pammy369
Channel Surfer

ERey,

Update.......just lost my closed captioning as of last night, 11-25. Check this out, this is important:

I can't use CC when feeding my TCL 5 through Dish satellite......tried to activate with Dish remote and TCL remote, even returned CC settings to default in both.....didn't work.

HOWEVER......when I stream off the internet, CC works fine on all channels.

ALSO: These entire reported on going issues have been happening for well over a month now with no fix in sight. Wouldn't a quick fix, to make your customers happy, be to reissue the last update where you didn't have any of these listed complaints?

Pammy369

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Pammy369,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solutions about this. This case affects various non-Roku remotes and the appropriate Roku team is looking into this.

We still don't have any updates available about this investigation. But we're hoping that this will get resolved soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pam111
Reel Rookie

Also having the same issue with Dish remote 20.1 IR (can’t control the volume)

nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

i have the same issue with my Dish Remote 21.1 IR/UHF PRO    TCL  65S41 TV  it updated on 12/24 & has not worked since, is there any progress in resolving this issue?  Thanks

0 Kudos
nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

i have the Dish 21.1 IR / UHF PRO & was using code 535 so after days/hrs of trying codes to get my TCL / ROKU to work again i decided to start at 500 well i made it to 538 & wahlla it worked Thank goodness, so see if 538 is the magic code for the 20.1 as well!

nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

i have the Dish 21.1 IR/UHF PRO  with TCL/ ROKU 65S41  finally got mine to work with code 538,  hope it works for you!

0 Kudos
nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

Try 538 it worked for my dish 21.1 ir / uhf pro, after update 535 no longer worked!

0 Kudos
jjlash
Reel Rookie

Cheers to nevadaboy - 538 worked on both of my systems too (TCL TVs and Dish 21.0 UHF remotes)

0 Kudos
tk6
Channel Surfer

While 538 works with the power, volume, menu and input buttons, the rest of the buttons still do not work.  So, this still needs to be fixed.  One could use 538 and then program/learn the rest of the buttons from the original TV remote, since the power button on the Dish Remote does not support learning.

0 Kudos