Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My volume does not work.  Lg43LH570A-UE SN: 604MXTCN3025

I Have Roku sn:C138BAC596149.  

REmot works, except volume.

justin

0 Kudos
AlDave
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Try this. this fixed mine. The downgrade option is gone after last weeks update.

Tried and failed for 3 days with 100 times doing what Roku tech suggested. DIDNT work. 

The TV name does not work and the Can you listen that option does not work. 

Then the following  WORKED. 

This works with the latest update. 10.0.0 build 4195 You have to do Factory Reset first.

That was what was missing in the solution. This should work for all. 

1. Go to Settings>Advanced system setting>Factory Reset

2. Once the factory reset is done, then go back to settings>remotes & devices>Set up new device> select remote  and just do regular usual remote setup

3. The remote should work as before 👍 

4. Most passwords are automatically updated. Only had to give netflix, HBO, Disney password. 

tpetrich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me.

I said "Yes the music stopped" to Code 1 even though the music did not stop.  It didn't work, but the second time through I did the same thing to Code 2 and it did work.  Now both TV (Samsung) power and volumn are now controlled by the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Allen_M
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AlDave wrote:

Try this. this fixed mine. The downgrade option is gone after last weeks update.

Tried and failed for 3 days with 100 times doing what Roku tech suggested. DIDNT work. 

The TV name does not work and the Can you listen that option does not work. 

Then the following  WORKED. 

This works with the latest update. 10.0.0 build 4195 You have to do Factory Reset first.

That was what was missing in the solution. This should work for all. 

1. Go to Settings>Advanced system setting>Factory Reset

2. Once the factory reset is done, then go back to settings>remotes & devices>Set up new device> select remote  and just do regular usual remote setup

3. The remote should work as before 👍 

4. Most passwords are automatically updated. Only had to give netflix, HBO, Disney password. 

This worked for me. I have now both the Volume control and power Off functionality restored. Smiley Happy The down side is that a factory reset would reset your Roku box to original state and e.g. if you loged in with your YouTube to watch your favorites you can gain access again, otherwise whatever you had under Guest will be gone. Thanks for the tip. It has been quite annoying to loose control over the volume and power functionality. 

Jump to solution

my power button works but no volume control

Model 3800x - Roku streaming stick

serial number YF00HY129847 (CT392h129847)

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4195-55

Issue Is 47-196-267

0 Kudos
farrelleallison
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Monday 5/17/2021

Volume and mute still not working.

have gone through the set up a couple of times and have sent the issue information but still not working. The setup does not have my Samsung tv listed any more.

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you go to settings and add remote.  Once it starts to scan go to remote take the battery cover off of the remote there is a pairing button hold that down and it should start blinking and pairing with tv.  It works mine works fine now.

0 Kudos
JD94
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank You, Reset to Factory Settings worked!  Remote is now fully functional again.

0 Kudos
Suzy71nc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Settings go to remote add remote before it starts scanning have the battery cover off of remote and then it the pairing button.  The light will start blinking.  It will pair and start working.  It fixed all my tvs after I did these steps.

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The remote set up fixed the volume issue but now the power button won't work.  I knew I would need to do the setup because another tv had the same volume issue. This tv I turned on using the remote, did the set up process which fixed the volume not working on the remote but disabled the power button.  I have tried all the solutions listed over 20 times and power button on remote still not working 

3800rw

NEC L406T3

Remote model RC128

Issue ID 97-196-584

0 Kudos