Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB-IA
Channel Surfer

Channel list skipping- i push the up or down button once and it jumps multiple channels fast

With in the last week using Pluto tv via roku, I can't scroll though my channels any more because it jumps 2 and 3 channels   at a time.   If I click the channel guide, and attempt to look at my favorit channels or any channels actualky, I move the arrow once and it jumos up 3 and 44 spots, I push the arrow  down and it jumps down 4-6 channels.  Makes picking out a new channel dam hard.  Only happens with Pluto none of my other app channels on roku are effected.  Is happening on 2 of my roku boxes... nnmo doubt the latest update from pluto?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
smamabird
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel list skipping- i push the up or down button once and it jumps multiple channels fast

same thing is happening to me with spectrum

0 Kudos
jaspenhof
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel list skipping- i push the up or down button once and it jumps multiple channels fast

Same thing happening with me.

I have two different remotes (battery & chargeable) and the same thing happens with both. 

Only a few channels are unaffected.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for raising this issue with us. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. (If the light does not flash, charge your remote or change the batteries)
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

You can check our Support article for more details and assistance: How to fix your Roku remote 

Kindly keep us posted on how it goes and we'd be more than willing to assist you further with this.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JB-IA, @jaspenhof , @smamabird -

For the "channel skipping" problem, try restarting your Roku.   (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if not there, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
NormaR4

Thanks! It's working great again after following your directions to pull the power and then re-pair the remote!

0 Kudos
wm7350

This was a good fix. It corrected the channel skipping.

0 Kudos

Its been goung it on my frndly t.v. also. Dont happen when um watching yourube tv.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Williambooth,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem navigating your remote on Frndly TV. You can refer to the provided troubleshooting steps by @makaiguy on top and check if this will resolve the issue.
Let us know if this works for you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hoganj123

I thought there was something wrong with the TV so I bought a new one.  The same channel jumping is happening again.  I unplugged the RoKu, that didn’t work.  I followed the restart directions.  That didn’t work.  This is so frustrating!!!!  I’m ready to toss the ROKU!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.