Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerminalFrost
Reel Rookie

Re: Cable remote cannot turn off tv or change volume after roku update to 12.5.0

Yes, I'm convinced its a TCL update issue. My TCL is the 40in Roku 40FS4610R, one of the first released so it's probably not very high of a priority to Quality check update compatibility with those TVs. I still haven't got it to work with my Xfinity XR2 remote so I just reset the remote to work with the cable box volume control instead of the TV. I went to the TCL website but didn't see a customer service message board or a way to submit a bug report.

0 Kudos
Sandidq
Reel Rookie

Re: Cable remote cannot turn off tv or change volume after roku update to 12.5.0

Their number is 1-877-300-8837 9am-12am eastern Monday-Friday

9am-6pm Sat and Sunday

They’ll want the model number of your tv

0 Kudos
Benjeezus

So my issue is similar. If i recode the remote it works for power button off and on once then it stops working after one power off and on. This is after the update to 12.5.0.

I shouldnt have to reprogram my remote every time i use my TV. My cable remote is with Telus in Canada 

0 Kudos
AMC15

I am also having a similar issue with Xfinity. I can program TCL TV to turn on and off but once I try to add the sound bar, it then stops working for the TV. My Xfinity remote used to work for TV and sound bar at the same time

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Benjeezus @AMC15,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Have you tried using remote codes, such as those mentioned by @Tivoburkee? Have you tried contacting your TV manufacturer to check on the TV's brand remote? Kindly check this link here on how can you contact the TV manufacturer.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SysTech_Larry
Channel Surfer

It is not just TCL. It happened with my Hisense TV, too (on Charter/Spectrum remote, code 11756).

Hisense code 12183 & Dynex code 12049 both work, but need some tweaking. Only 12183 will turn on the TV after a power reset (from turning off power strip at night), but 12049 is recognized after the first power up.

4398 (on a different universal) works, too, even after a power reset.

0 Kudos
Joe1269

Same problem here as well. I can program the Cox remote to tv (usually the third code I try) everything works but as soon as I program the soundbar I loose tv control power on/off.

0 Kudos
nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

This just happened to me today on my TCL 65 Roku Tv, my older Dish Remote 21.1 IR/UHF PRO stopped working & it works fine with other tv's includng Dish vip 722 reciever, i called TCL support they were no help said contact Roku or Dish. i dont know when or if it was updated but it says 12.5.0  build 4176-CG, the code i was using was 535 no others ever worked!  i also did a factory reset to no avail didnt want to since i have to reprogram everything!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try Dynex tv codes in Dish remote.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nevadaboy
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply, but no go on those codes! i see others are having the same issue with the same dish remote & seem to have alerted the right ppl so i guess i will just hurry up and wait to see what happens!

0 Kudos