Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StaciaLee
Reel Rookie

Brand new Roku Pro Remote showing battery life every few minutes

I have checked every post mentioning this type of issue and followed every suggestion, it's still happening. 

It began a couple of weeks ago on our Hisense 75” TV. It has Roku built in and the original remote had been lost before we received the TV, so we replaced the remote with one from a Roku Ultra we’d had but seeing as this TV had Roku built in it was unneeded at the time. All was well for months, then as I said a couple of weeks ago it began. 

I did everything I could think of, but nothing changed. I changed the batteries, I did reset after reset. Deleted the remote, and added it back. Updated the software. 

Finally, I decided to buy a new remote and because I already have a Pro, I bought another. 

It's still happening. It is annoying! What is causing this? Why doesn't Roku put some sort of setting where we can control the level where the notification pops up? 

HELP!! 

9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Pro Remote showing battery life every few minutes

Hi @StaciaLee,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that when the rechargeable lithium-ion battery in your remote might be running low, your Roku device flashes a notice on the screen. To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter (like the one you use to charge your smartphone). The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green when complete. A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use.

If the issue still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John 

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StaciaLee
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. 

The remote is/was fully charged but continually flashed “Battery Level” showing 4 green bars. 

Oddly enough, it hasn’t done it all day today.

Confusing to say the least! 

0 Kudos

Annoying Popup.of Battry Life every 30+/- seconds!!!

I just bought the Ultra yesterday and the battery life keeps popping up telling me Remote Battery Level 100%....then 99% .... now 97% every 30-60 seconds. When do I turn this off or not get notified until it's at 10%? Extremely aggravating! 

John- it's doing the same to me but my battery life is at 97% and it still keeps popping up! 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Annoying Popup.of Battry Life every 30+/- seconds!!!

Hi @HarleySerene,

Thanks for making first post here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the late response and we appreciate you for reaching out. If you haven't tried repairing your remote, we would recommend to do so and see if that makes any differences. Or let us know what troubleshooting you've tried so that we can move forward.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Annoying Popup.of Battry Life every 30+/- seconds!!!

This happens because the remote software is absolute garbage and the battery level notification just starts popping up on the screen randomly. It's happened to me over and over again on many different Roku remotes over the years. A lot of the time it notifies you even when your batteries are completely full or mostly full which is ridiculous.

I have been complaining about these remote battery notifications for years and made the suggestion to remove it from the software or at least create an option to fully disable them in the remote settings. Roku will not do either, they are ignoring the issue just like they do with a lot of things people complain about.

Their solution is to have their moderators copy and paste the same nonsense over and over again which doesn't work. Change your batteries, re-pair your remote, reset your device. Then ask for your serial number and software version as if that has anything to do with it.

If Roku would just listen to their customers and fix this issue once and for all it would be great! I for one NEVER want to see a battery level pop up. I am fully capable of changing (or charging) my batteries when I start pressing buttons and realize they are no longer working. Stop spamming my screen telling me my batteries are low or even worse telling me they are full!

What a terrible product these remotes are, designed by stupid people who absolutely REFUSE to correct this. Either out of laziness or ego.

StaciaLee
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the replies. 
Yes, I agree. There SHOULD be a setting to control when/if you want to see a battery level pop-up on screen. 
And, @amy58 , that is a very good suggestion. 

Since I originally posted there hasn’t been a notification UNLESS the remote was close to needing to be charged, about 10% battery life left. 
I don’t know how it resolved itself. Not sure if an update to the TV software fixed it or not, 
but I’ve been pleasantly uninterrupted. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Trust me this issue has not 'resolved itself' because I've been fooled before too. I can go for a couple of weeks with no battery pop ups and then suddenly I'll get them again. Most of the time I get them when I am not even pressing buttons.

I'll get them after I started a movie and haven't touched the remote in 30 to 60 minutes, then suddenly there is the pop up telling me my batteries are mostly full. It's a malfunction in the software design that Roku refuses to take responsibility for and correct.

I guarantee at some point you'll start getting the pop ups again when you least expect it like I have.

StaciaLee
Reel Rookie

I’m always expecting it. It’s been about 8 months since the worst of it. 
I have seen it a few times, but it’s been at about when it’s 10% batter left. 
I’m sure it will return and it will return with a vengeance! 
🤞That it’s not for a long time!! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.