Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbosco
Reel Rookie

Brand New Roku Voice Remote Pro a real disappointment :-[

Ordered a replacement Roku Voice Remote Pro remote for the Ultra since the original's buttons became permanently stuck, making navigating Roku and streaming services an exercise in frustration.  Setup the remote in just a couple minutes and it worked perfectly, including the volume controls for our LG soundbar, and power on/off.  W/in a day, the volume controls stopped working and a day later, the power button stopped working.  I went into settings and removed the remote, then added/paired it again...TWICE, same exact issue.  What is going on here Roku?  Isn't this supposed to be your most "advanced" remote control?  Should I just ship this back as defective?  Thanks -

4660RW - Roku Ultra

SER: yj0059035107

S/W Ver: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46

Dev ID: cs37c5035107

TV:  LG 55EG9100

Sound Bar: LG LAS551H (connected via optical)

#voice remote pro

Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) 

5 REPLIES 5
Dom55
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand New Roku Voice Remote Pro a real disappointment :-[ LG TV

I have a similar issue.  But mine took a week to have the same issues.   Very similar way as well.  First the volume and then the power.   Now, it wont even let me re-pair it to the TV.   Very dissapointed.

0 Kudos
pepple20

Does anyone from 
Roku ever respond?  My voice remote pro has started not working periodically.  Must reset TV, soundbar & roku device for it to work.  Very frustrating

0 Kudos
Dom55
Reel Rookie

NO... I could not get anyone at Roku.  But, Amazon, was very kind and offered me a $20 dollar credit and with that I purchased a new Roku remote without all the **bleep** I dont need such as headphone jack, non removable batteries, etc.   Thank you Amazon!  You rock and know customer service.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @pepple20

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Dom55
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand New Roku Voice Remote Pro a real disappointment :-[ LG TV ON-OFF not the APP

Please be aware that the remote I am having difficulties with is a Roku Pro Rechargable.   It came with my Roku Ultra.   I am not complaining about a TV remote control for the TV App.

It was great out of the box, easy to pair and it turned my LG TV ON and Off as well as Mute and Volume.  after about 30 days, it started having difficulties turning the TV OFF followed by further failures by the Volume control and Mute.    

I reset it, re-started it, re-paired it.   Still failures.   In my opinion too many features in such a small form.  

I am replacing it with a standard remote with removable batteries and with features I use most.

0 Kudos