Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyman318
Streaming Star

All of the sudden my Roku remote stopped controlling the power on my TV.

I have a Roku Ultra with a rechargeable remote. I was able to turn the TV on today but now I cannot turn it off. I did nothing, I did not change any settings, I did not add any devices, I DID NOTHING. Yet in the span of a few hours my remote will not power the TV anymore. It still controls all the Roku functions but not the TV and I cannot get it to re-pair. I went through all the codes several times and it will not re-pair. I dealt with remote issues with my Stick+ and finally bought an Ultra and now its happening again. WHAT GIVES ROKU?

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All of the sudden my Roku remote stopped controlling the power on my TV.

When re-programming the remote to control your tv, did you read it now asking if you still hear the music? So, you now have to press YES for negative result, pressing NO it takes as a positive result and quits programming. Those use to programming remotes for their tv maybe used to pressing NO to get it try a different code, where now it has to be YES. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

I am well aware of the process. And if you read my post I said that I have tried all of the codes. There are 19 codes. AND NONE OF THEM WORKED!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@greyman318

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? What brand TV are you trying to pair the Roku remote to?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

Since I originally posted this the remote had been working again, but today it decided it didn't want to work. The roku itself works with the remote just not the TV power on/off. I again have tried to repair and none of the channels work (I hear music on all of them)

I use a Roku Ultra with a rechargeable remote , and an Insignia TV. I use an external sound system so the volume keys are not functional anyway.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@greyman318

Thanks for the post.

What brand and model TV are you trying to pair your Roku device remote with? Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some further assistance as he's our resident Roku remote Expert in the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

I have already posted that it is an Insignia TV and I do not know the model. But after plugging the rechargeable remote in for several hours, even though it says that it is fully charged it starts to work again. So it is clear that it is a problem, as usual, with Roku equipment!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If the Insignia codes don't work, try Dynex, Sansui, LG, or Duraband. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

There is nowhere to select codes by brand

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Go into the Roku settings:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv> here it will ask if you have certain brand, select different brand and try other tv brands I listed. 

It no longer asks if the music has stopped, in which case you would click NO for it to try a different code. Now it asks if the music is still playing, so you have to click YES for it to try a different code. 

Edmund

0 Kudos