Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my Remote keys are inconsistent in functioning

Jump to solution

I've had my Roku TV for less than a year and have 3 different remotes in that time.  They have all been pieces of s***t.  All the keys are non-responsive more often than not.   Is there a trick I'm missing?   I go slowly and quickly.  Am I overloading it somehow?  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All my Remote keys are inconsistent in functioning

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ritakilgore!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to assist you with your remote concern. 

Before we proceed, may we know what model your Roku TV is? Is this a TCL, Philips, Hisense, etc., Roku TV? Suppose it's one of the choices given. In that case, we highly suggest raising your concern directly with your TV manufacturer, as they manufacture your TV's hardware operating system. They will be able to provide you with more information about this.

You can reach them here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

In the meantime, you can try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it to see if this will make any difference.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All my Remote keys are inconsistent in functioning

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ritakilgore!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to assist you with your remote concern. 

Before we proceed, may we know what model your Roku TV is? Is this a TCL, Philips, Hisense, etc., Roku TV? Suppose it's one of the choices given. In that case, we highly suggest raising your concern directly with your TV manufacturer, as they manufacture your TV's hardware operating system. They will be able to provide you with more information about this.

You can reach them here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

In the meantime, you can try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, re-pair it to see if this will make any difference.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos